Monday, April 26, 2010

THRUSTER 1RM / EMOM

focus/skill
thruster breakdown
-front squat
-push press
-perform as ONE fluid motion beginning standing at full extension

workout
thruster
3-3-2-1
start each rep at full extension (standing). no squat cleaning into the thruster.

5min rest

emom for 10mins of:
75% of heaviest thruster load x 1
c2b pull ups x 1
increase by one rep each minute until failure or reaching 10mins.

post heaviest thruster load & highest minute completed to comments.

2010 CrossFit Games is getting legit. Click here for more info.

10 comments:

  1. Wow monday morning! Made it to 195# for 1 rep max. Then only made it to the 5th min of emom.
    Strength was gone, done, whatever.
    Still had fun though.

    After that did backwards medball toss w/18kg

    5 x 6 with 2 min between sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1RM - 115#

    Only 4 rounds on the emom. I did regular pull-ups (no band..finally), so that slowed me down a bit. Plus....I was tired as sh*t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis G 1rm max 155lbs ...lot of intimidation and self doubt when coming in for this WOD. Not doing max thrusters in quite awhile had a lot of doubt but afterwards felt I had another 10-15lbs.

    As for the EMOM part completed 5 rounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle R. 135#/7rnds

    I think a longer workup will definitely yield better results next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travis J 1RM 165 and 6 rounds that emom got hard fast , I started strong but at round 4 the thrusters slowed dramatically. That being said I was defeated twice today 175 eluded me and so did one or any more rounds , but there's always tomorrow right ?!! I will be victorious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen.. 1rm 80#/ 6rdns

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve C. 185# pr, thanks I think I'll have another. EMOM 7 rnds. completed+8 thrusters

    ReplyDelete
  8. caleb.185pr.6rnds

    ReplyDelete