Friday, February 15, 2008

"R.I.P. SOCS THOMAS J. VALENTINE"

My former Operations Chief, Tommy V as he was known, died in a tragic parachuting accident while conducting training in Arizona early Wednesday morning.

It has been a painful and sad past couple of months for me to know that several former co-workers and teammates from my last command have paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving this wonderful country of ours. I am grateful to have worked side-by-side these elite warriors and to have had the privilege to serve with them in support of the Global War on Terrorism.

My thoughts and prayers are with their families and I can only hope to live my life with the same passion, drive and commitment that they did with theirs. HOOYAH...

RIP Mark, Nate, Mike, Luis, Tommy

Read article here

1 comment: